“I felt Better Futures was good as it allowed me to see how I am doing and how I could make changes if I had a dip.”– Service User, Aspire Housing & Personal Development
Better Futures outcomes tool is a web-based IT tool designed to enable housing support service providers working with individuals to record their support needs over a period of time. In particular, it provides a means of recording a baseline when someone starts using a service, as well as plotting their aspirations using a unique scoring system. The online tool is also able to produce reports from the data held to enable organisations to measure the outcomes of their work with service users on a continuous basis.
A range of stakeholders have contributed their ideas though the Outcomes Steering Group during the development of Better Futures.
“Better Futures: an outcomes framework” – Leaflet about Better Futures
Download the briefing from our recent event in Glasgow: Briefing – Supporting Better Futures for All 2017
The Better Futures user manual and framework are available online. Read more
Read case studies about how Better Futures has helped services work with individuals to achieve their goals.
- Helping to Assure Quality – Seascape (South Ayrshire Escape from Homelessness Ltd)
- It’s all about communication – Blue Triangle, Lanark
- Better knowledge, better targeting, better outcomes – HELP Argyll and Bute Ltd
- John can see his Better Future
- Seagate Project: Supported Accommodation – A key to the future
- More than a roof: Housing Support Improving Health and Wellbeing Outcomes
- Better Futures Helps Scott Focus On Where he Wants To Go
The Housing Support Enabling Unit is happy to offer you all the support you need to help you to explore if Better Futures is right for your service. Read more
Articles about Better Futures
For more information about Better Futures, please contact the HSEU on 0131 475 2676 or email@example.com
“The Better Futures review system is a great visual tool and service users can see their progress and any areas they need to work on”
-Support Worker, Blue Triangle (Glasgow) Housing Association