SSSC/CCPS WDN Group
The purpose of the group is to establish a channel for communication between the SSSC and voluntary sector care and support providers, particularly those associated with the CCPS Workforce Development Network. The first meeting of this group took place on 19th September 2014 at which a remit for the group was agreed.
The meetings will promote provider engagement with the SSSC as it develops and/or reviews its processes or systems relating to the SSSC’s registration process and requirements associated with fitness to practise.
An overview of the work of the group for both 2016 and 2017 is available on the next page; this has included:
- SSSC online registration system and its report generating capabilities
- Re-launch of the SSSC website
- Employing valued staff with ‘difficult histories’
- New housing support /care at home supervisors – implications of the requirement to register within 6 months
- SSSC’s Conduct Sub Committee – communication with individuals and ways to improve the information leaflets
- Fitness to Practise Model
- Communication for opening of the Register for Housing Support/ Care at Home staff
- Duty of Candour Legislation
If you would like to contribute agenda items or discuss the work of the SSSC/CCPS Workforce Development Network please contact Alison Christie Policy and Development (Workforce): Alison.Christie