Adult Social Care Reform
The Scottish Government Adult Social Care Reform programme was launched in June 2019. The team have been working with people who use social care support, unpaid carers, the social services sector, local and national organisations and Health and Social Care partnerships to develop a national programme to support local reform of adult social care.
The national programme looks to:
- Support Integration Authorities, the wider sector, and communities in planning and taking forward changes.
- Advise Scottish Ministers where national changes or interventions are required.
- Raise awareness of the role of social care support in Scotland.
- Raise awareness of social care’s social and economic value.
The programme is based on this COSLA/SG discussion paper.
CCPS represents our membership on three of the key groups:
- Andrea Wood (CEO of Key and Chair of the CCPS Adult Social Care Reform Programme) attends the Leadership Alliance.
- Dee Fraser (CCPS) attends the Programme Delivery Team and facilitates the Commissioning and Procurement (Planning and Buying) work stream.
- Annie Gunner Logan (CCPS) attends the Ministerial Strategic Group.
For further information please contact Dee.