Explore how the third sector is innovating, making an impact and driving better outcomes for children and families in Scotland.
Chaired by Pennie Taylor, this joint event from CCPS, The Promise Scotland and Children in Scotland’s Supporting the Third Sector Project will examine:
- How the third sector is leading transformational change in partnership.
- What that change looks like and how Whole Family Wellbeing Fund can support it.
- How we can learn from this to achieve our shared goal of accessible whole family support across Scotland for families when they need it.
The conference will be a unique opportunity to learn, share ideas and hear about local partnership working, problem solving and the real impact of whole family support.
You will hear from:
- Scottish Government family support and WFWF spokesperson
- Cllr Tony Buchanan, COSLA’s Spokesperson for Children and Families
- Mary Glasgow, Chair of the CCPS Children and Young People Committee, and Chief Executive, Children 1st
- Fraser McKinley, Chief Executive, The Promise Scotland
Workshops will explore the development of innovative and collaborative third sector family support services across Scotland; discussing practical examples of collaborative family support practices and the positive impact for families, while contributing to solving local priority issues. Topics will include:
- Lessons from the Glasgow Family Support Partnership.
- Whole Family Support as an alternative to CAMHS in East Renfrewshire.
- Family support empowering families and communities in Clackmannanshire.
- Family Matters – Supporting Roots and Strengthening Futures in South Ayrshire.
- Engagement with children, young people and families in strategic planning and co-design of family support services in Highland and Stirling.
Further information on each workshop is available here.
A closing panel discussion with
- SallyAnn Kelly, Vice-chair of the CCPS Children and Young People Committee, and Chief Executive, Aberlour
- Juliet Harris, Director, Together Scotland
- Lorraine Sanda, Strategic Director for People, Clackmannanshire
- Glyn Lloyd, Head of Service, Children’s Service and Community Justice, Dundee
- Fraser McKinlay, Chief Executive, The Promise Scotland
will debate actions we can take together to increase the momentum towards our goal of accessible whole family support across Scotland for families when they need it.
The conference will start at 10 am promptly, with coffee and tea available from 9.30 am, and will finish at 3 pm. A detailed programme will be available shortly.
Registration for the event is now closed.
The conference, held on International Day of Families 2023, is aimed at local children’s services planners and third sector providers, as well as those involved in related policy development to deliver The Promise and incorporation of the UNCRC.
CCPS Quarterly Membership Meetings 2023
Monday 13th March, 10am – 1pm
Monday 19th June, 10am – 1pm
Monday 11th Sep (AGM), 10am – 1pm
Monday 4th December, 10am – 1pm