The Digital Programme supports a range of activities for members and interested stakeholders.
This is a monthly online series of ‘short & sharp’ seminars (1.5 hours) led by members, often involving external experts, on a range of digital topics of practical and strategic interest to care and support providers. Please get in touch if you would like to learn more about these sessions or suggest a theme. Presentations, related links and recordings are available for members.
- January 2023 – Developing a digitally skilled workforce
- December 2022 – AI in care and support services
- November 2022 – Digital Technology in housing support
- September 2022 – Options for rota management systems
- August 2022 – Exploring internal staff comms – provider case studies
- June 2022 – CivTech – How it works and how you can benefit
- May 2022 – Exploring the Data Theme: SSSC Date, Scottish Government Data Strategy, and Data standards and sharing across third sector care and support providers
- March 2022 – Cyber Resilience and incident management
- January 2022 – Microsoft 365 and Teams
- December 2021 – Microsoft Power BI
Access Group User Forum
This group meets quarterly and brings together members using Access Group care management software,
including People Planner, care planning, etc., to share information, support learning and identify potential development opportunities. To join the group, please get in touch with us.
Third sector cyber catalysts
CCPS members participate in the third sector cyber catalyst group, coordinated by the Scottish Government
Cyber Resilience Third Sector Unit – further information about the group and cyber resources and support available to the third sector are on our web page here.
Data Lab sessions on Driving Value from Data
A series of three intensive workshops for members held online in February/March 2022 covered:
- Case studies and interviews from data leaders across The Data Lab’s network
- Tools to both assess maturity and plan future strategy
- Guidance on how to transition from strategy to successful execution
We continue to work with the Data Lab to support better understanding and use of data across our sector, including collaboration to develop shared data standards, benchmarking and improved sharing of data for the benefit of the people our members support.
External Working Groups
CCPS and its members are involved in supporting the development of digital and data policy for the benefit of service users and the long-term quality and sustainability of care and support provision.
We participate in/or organise sector representation for the following forums:
- Scottish Government Digital Citizens’ Board – supports the work of the Digital Health and Care Directorate
- Digital Social Care Delivery Board
- The Scottish Government Digital Social Care Team (TEC Team) – The team delivers the TEC programme and links with external related work
- Digifest and Digital Learning Network Steering Group – Plans and supports delivery of the annual Digifest conference and series of related seminars and events, and the annual Digital Learning Network conference
- NES – Building Digital Skills and Leadership Board; Building Digital Skills and Leadership Reference Group; and the NES Digital Leadership Programme
- The Scottish Government’s National Care Service reference group