What can we do about Option 2? An Agile approach to solving the problem
Option 2 of Self- directed Support is proving particularly challenging to make a reality. Practical cross- organisational difficulties around contracting; risk sharing; costing; reporting and ensuring a diverse market of care and support are common. Following our successful one off agile event in early 2017 we will use the same approach to bring together a group of people to work through the challenges associated with Option 2 in practice.
The purpose of Option 2 of SDS is to enable individuals to have choice of their support provider and greater control over their support. But traditional ways of contracting for support through competitive tenders and restrictive frameworks are restricting choice.
- Introductory workshop (1 day) 20th September, 2017 Edinburgh
- 6 ½ day sessions over Oct- March (plus preparation time) venues dependent on geographical spread of participants.
This programme is free to participants and fully funded by the Scottish Government. Twenty places are available and we are seeking a mixed group of providers, commissioners, procurement staff and others who are working on Option 2 and can make the time commitment required.
- 24th of October 2017, St Andrew’s and St George’s West Church, Edinburgh.
- 21st of November 2017, St Andrew’s and St George’s West Church, Edinburgh.
- 12th of December 2017, St Andrew’s and St George’s West Church, Edinburgh.