The Scottish Government has announced the extension of the sustainability funding to the end of March 2021. A letter from the Cabinet Secretary along with new guidance was issued to stakeholders on 4th December. The sector has been involved in reviewing the original guidance after some social care providers experienced difficulties obtaining financial assistance for COVID-19 related expenditure. These difficulties included HSCPs requiring overly detailed evidence of expenditure and refusal to pay for some items. The new guidance includes:
- The criteria that need to be met for financial support for care and support that cannot be delivered as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The approach to payment for financial support for care and support that cannot be delivered as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Categories of additional costs that may be met, where not met by other funding sources or payments for care and support that cannot be delivered as a direct result of COVID-19
- Details of the approach to providing supporting evidence for costs
- Key principles for providers and commissioners relating to requesting and making payments
The SG is going to meet with stakeholders on a weekly basis to help to deal with any problems that arise in payments being made. You can contact Yvette Burgess at email@example.com for further information about how to contact that group.