Each year since it’s launch in 2011, the HSEU has held an event focusing on how Better Futures helps housing support providers to demonstrate the impact they have on improving outcomes at an individual level, particularly in terms of health, housing and social wellbeing.
“There is near universal consensus is that the Better Futures assessment and review approach is supporting organisations to work in a more outcomes-focused, person-centred way and that this is all to the good.” (Craigforth, 2017)
This year’s event will take be a series of short plenary sessions and workshops held over 4 days from 16th to 19th November 2020. Attendees can sign up to attend the sessions that are most relevant to them.
While this year’s event will look a wee bit different, it will still be a great opportunity to:
- get an insight into how the Better Futures system has been used to demonstrate outcomes for housing support services
- see a demonstration of the online system, including new developments like CAFE – allowing clients to access and add to their own record on Better Futures
- find out more about how organisations are using Better Futures within the context of Housing First
- hear form the Care Inspectorate about how they promote outcomes focused practice as well as their new self-evaluation framework
- raise the profile of housing support and highlight services’ contribution to national outcomes
Who should attend?
Staff and board members of housing support providers across all sectors; commissioners in housing and integrated health and social care partnerships.