Universal Credit remains with the UK Government and has been rolled out across all areas for new claimants and situations where there has been a change of circumstance. The timescale for migration from legacy benefits has yet to be confirmed although the UK Government has advised that most claims will have moved across to UC by 2023.
The Social Security (Scotland) Act 2018 established a framework for a new system which devolves 11 social security benefits to Scotland. The Carers Allowance Supplement and Best Start Grant have already been put in place with working age disability assistance set to be delivered by the Scottish Social Security Agency in 2021. Full delivery of all 11 benefits is set to be in place by 2024.
This event will proide an opportunity to:
- Discuss the implications of UC for housing support services and those they work with
- Consider the support people may need to access and maintain UC claims
- Gain an overview of Social Security in Scotland
- Find out more about the new Social Security Agency
- Hear about the role of the Scottish Commission on Social Security
Who the event is aimed at
The event is aimed at housing support senior managers and workers.
View the programme here.