Lets Get Digital
The CCPS Let’s Get Digital event on 27th September 2017 provided members and sector partners with an opportunity to learn, get inspired and network on all things digital. We heard about the Scottish Government’s digital policy agenda, the development of the health and social care digital strategy, the work of the recently created Scottish Local Government Digital Office and the lessons learned by Blackwood Homes and Care in embracing digital tech.
The event also included 15 different ‘snapshot sessions’ showcasing inspiring digital innovation in social care developed by members and others for the benefit of service users and organisations.
Our twitter storify gives a good flavour of the day.
You can read the speaker presentations here:
- David Robb, Deputy Director, Digital Public Services & Business Transformation, Scottish Government, on the Scottish Government digital strategy
- Alistair Hodgson, Policy Lead, TEC & Digital Healthcare Innovation, on the Digital Health & Social Care Strategy in Scotland
- Martyn Wallace, Chief Digital Officer, on the work of the Scottish Local Government Digital Office: Digital Office – Social Work
- Angela Currie, Housing and Care Director, Blackwood: Technology transforming care services
And here is a short description of the snapshot sessions. You can click on the links below to read the presentations and other related information:
- Alzheimer Scotland‘s presentation on practical responses, ethical concerns and technology solutions for people living with dementia
- Barnardo’s use of digital technology to strengthen children and young people’s voices within the hearings system
- Carr Gomm‘s ClickGo helping people across Scotland to manage their care and support; and for more information, see the Carr Gomm ClickGo website.
- Cornerstone Empowering Colleagues with Smart Tools ; and watch their video on the new overall strategy
- Cyrenians’ #AskAlex messengerbot – campaigning to raise awareness about homelessness through storytelling
- Loretto Care‘s work to increase independence and build resilience using digital technology Care
- Penumbra‘s I.ROC digital wellbeing measurement tool
- Quarriers‘ Go4it and TEC Project ; and see their video on the Scottish Centre for Telehealth and Telecare website
- SOL‘s unique ’round the clock’care and support service using bespoke TEC solutions: SOL Connect Presentation and weblink
- Viewpoint‘s innovations in mobile and electronic healthcare; please get in touch with Julia Murray for more information
- The Improvement Hub: ihub digital – opportunities for incorporating digital into service design and strategic planning
- Third Sector Lab and Ross McCulloch’s Digital Leadership for the Third Sector and fyi please click here for more information on the Social Media for Social Good event on 2 Nov at GCVS
- Young Scot using smart-enabled NEC to tackle inequality