Please find below answers to frequently asked questions in relation to CJVSF membership.
Is membership appropriate for my organisation?
The CJVSF focuses on provider issues and is open to voluntary sector organisations providing criminal justice services in Scotland.
CJVSF members have developed the following set of principles to help support sharing and collaboration across CJVSF member organisations:
- Positive outcomes for people are at the heart of what we do
- We bring our resources and influence together to collectively help achieve our common aspirations of shared outcomes
- We support the sharing of relevant knowledge amongst participating organisations
- Both staff and individuals accessing services will transition in to different voluntary organisations and services and we therefore seek to raise standards across the sector and to contribute to a more skilled, mobile workforce
- We are aware and respectful of business sensitivities. Whilst each member organisation will have its own areas of specialism, the Forum focuses on activities built around areas of common interest.
How much does membership cost?
All members pay an annual membership fee, which goes towards supporting the work of the CJVSF. Membership fees are based on organisation size.
The CJVSF membership year commences in April. Organisations wishing to join part-way through the year are very welcome and subscriptions are charged on a pro-rata basis as appropriate.
Please contact us for details of current membership subscription rates.
What are the benefits of CJVSF membership?
By joining CJVSF:
- you will gain – by becoming part of a membership body committed to working on your behalf
- CJVSF will gain – from your experience, perspective and voice.
The provision of services for members is set out more fully in the agreed work plan, which is developed each year in collaboration with CJVSF members. In brief, CJVSF provides the following range of services to paid-up members:
- Invitations to attend quarterly CJVSF membership meetings, and access to all associated agenda, papers and minutes
- Free copies of all CJVSF e-bulletins and briefings
- Invitations to participate in any CJVSF members-only events
- Advance notice of, and the opportunity to shape, all other CJVSF events
- Invitations to participate in surveys and other research activities, and copies of all findings
- Invitations to feed into collective consultation exercises
- Invitations to join CJVSF sub-groups on relevant topics
- Invitations to represent CJVSF on external working groups and committees
- Right to nominate and elect Executive Committee members, and to stand for office
- Access to CJVSF staff for specific information inquiries.
How can my organisation join CJVSF?
Please contact us to obtain an application form with details of current membership subscription rates.